Saturday, January 24, 2009

Is this really bad luck for year 2009

Do you know what is consider bad luck during Chinese New Year? Let me share a few which I know. That is buying a new pair of shoes during New Year. The word "shoes" is a homophone for the word for "rough" in Cantonese.

Getting a haircut in the first lunar month puts a curse on maternal uncles. This one I am not so sure whether it is true or not. That is why people get their hair cut before the New Year's Eve.

What else? Washing your hair is also considered to be washing away your own luck. But still most people will still washed their hair.

How about sweeping the floor? Not many people know that sweeping the floor is not allowed on the first day. Nobody wants to sweep away their good fortune.

If I have missed out something, you can still leave a comment to tell me.

No comments:

Popular Posts